Thursday, August 9, 2012

Vanilla Coconut Crepes

This morning I made myself a gluten-free vanilla coconut crepe with greek yogurt and nectarines. And guess how long it took me to make this scrumptious breakfast for myself? Only 5 minutes! Originally, I found this recipe for a flaxseed wrap here: Wheat Belly: Flaxseed Wrap. I made this wrap for lunch and it turned out delicious (you should try it!). After thinking, I decided that it would make an amazing crepe.

Here’s how I did it:

Vanilla Coconut Crepes 

3 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (you can add a little more if you want more vanilla flavor)
1/2 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 Tablespoon water
1 large egg
Pinch of salt

1) Mix all the ingredients together until smoothly blended.
2) Grease a microwave-safe pie pan with butter or coconut oil
3) Pour batter into pie pan and spread evenly
4) Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked
5) Let crepe cool for a minute or 2

Crepe Filling

This is where you can get creative!

1) Spoon a yogurt or whipped cream of choice onto crepe (I used creamy plain greek yogurt)
2) Chop up one fresh nectarine (or any other fresh fruit of choice!) and place onto the crepe
3) Finish off the crepe with a drizzle of syrup or honey (I used honey)

See how easy that was? Once you get the hang of making them you can whip 'em up in no time! This is a perfect breakfast for when you want something filling and healthy but have limited time. You could even make this sugar free by adding honey or syrup in place of the sugar.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.