Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Now that's it's fall, I have an excuse to make everything pumpkin flavored! Yesterday I created pumpkin pie oatmeal. It turned out delicious so I decided to make it again so I could take pics and share how I made it.


Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe

1) Make 1 serving of oatmeal (I used oat bran which called for 1 cup of water and 1/3 cup of oat bran)
2) Once your oatmeal reaches the thickness you prefer, stir in 2 spoonfuls of pumpkin puree 
3) Stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
4) Sweeten the oatmeal with either brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey (I used 2 tablespoons of honey)
5) Enjoy! I like to top my oatmeal off with some vanilla yogurt which makes it nice and creamy.

(will make enough for 1 or 2 people)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.