Friday, April 6, 2012

Dulce De Leche Hot Chocolate

So....after making my dulce de leche frappuccino, I realized that I still had a bunch of dulce de leche left over. I decided to make hot chocolate with it today (for those who aren't fans of coffee) and I'll probably try to make a dessert with the rest of it next week.

Dulce De Leche Hot Chocolate


3 1/2 cups of milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
1 Tablespoon of sugar
1 Tablespoon of dulce de leche
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
a sprinkle of salt

Stir all these ingredients together in a sauce pan on medium heat. Make sure the dulce de leche is all the way melted and mixed in (this can sometimes take a little while). If the hot chocolate is too rich or sweet, add a little more milk. Before serving, add whipped cream and spoon some dulce de leche on the very top (you may want to melt it in the microwave a little bit first). This should make enough for two mugs full.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.