Thursday, January 3, 2013

This Weeks Knits

Here are a few of the things I've knit this week. I've been brainstorming like crazy for my Spring Line on Etsy. I've been so inspired by Downton Abbey and many vintage knits I've seen on Pinterest. I've also read some really cool articles on knitting.

If you'd like to read about the health benefits of knitting, here's a wonderful article: Knitting Benefits

So here's the first result of my inspiration to knit more vintage clothing. This pretty blue shawl looks great with a simple, strapless dress.








I knit this pretty slouchy hat as a gift for a family member. I think I may need to knit many more in this style! I love it. 







Currently, I'm working on a pair of leg warmers. I'm try to gain more skill at using four needles before I start some socks! 



Last week I cut up a few old t-shirts and began to knit with them! It took me literally less than 8 minutes to knit this small washcloth that is perfect for scrubbing! I will no longer be throwing away any old shirt! haha





3 comments:

  1. I love that shawl on you! That slouchy hat is perfect...
    Are you on Ravelry ? Do you share your patterns?
    If not I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what size needles are you using for your leg warmers? I found your web-site from twitter..Vickie Howell was saying the nicest things about you:)

    Many Blessings to you,

    ~~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alma: Thanks so much! I can't wait to wear the shawl with a nice dress. I'm not on Ravelry but I definitely need to join soon! I don't share my patterns but I've considered selling them on Etsy. :)

    Renee: For my leg warmers I'm using a size 5.0 mm needle. So far I'm loving how they are turning out. Thanks so much! I'm so glad that more people are enjoying my website.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.